Gin with a temperament as fiery as the country where it was born.
McQueen and the Violet Fog is distilled and bottled in the heights of Jundiaí, Brazil, thousands of miles from the traditional UK-centric Gin world. It's time to forget everything you have seen or tasted before; McQueen is a unique taste experience, distilled with 21 plants hand-picked from around the world.
Among our 21 plants, you will find in McQueen and the Violet Fog, 6 plants "Signatures":
- Basil leaves: Hand picked in India, basil is nicknamed "the king of herbs". Oily and herbaceous flavor with a revitalizing note of mint & a slightly peppery finish.
- Rosemary: This sweet and fragrant plant comes from Portugal.
- Fennel seed: Cultivated in the Mediterranean, this plant brings a flavor of licorice and spicy lemon to our gin.
- Calamansi: An exotic citrus fruit from the South Pacific that adds a lemony touch.
- Star anise: Originally from Vietnam, this star-shaped fruit balances light plants and more mineral plants by adding hints of liquorice.
- Acai: Locally grown in Brazil, Acai is known for its sweet blackberry taste with a hint of dark chocolate.
Each batch is distilled in a limited quantity (500 liters per distillation) using a traditional copper still. We use two traditional methods for making McQueen and combine them into a single distillation process:
- Method 1: flavoring by maceration
15 of our 21 plants are mixed with a neutral alcohol, containing 60% alcohol, in a copper still. The plants macerate for 24 hours allowing the alcohol to extract the aromatic compounds and essential oils from each plant.
- Method 2: flavoring by infusion
The concentrated vapors pass through a copper basket containing McQueen's six signature plants. The essential oils of these plants marry with the macerated alcohol to produce the ultimate gin: at the same time smooth, supple and complex, well balanced.
McQueen and the Violet Fog is bottled at 40% alcohol, ideal for tasting on ice, with a “premium” tonic or as a cocktail base.
Alcohol: 40% Vol.